Monday, May 10, 2010

Aerlie Center, Warrenton VA. Another Perspective: Room 20.

Special guest Brian, on his Aerlie Center experience. For the facts on Room 7, see posting below.

After a long, sweaty day returning kickoffs and running button-hooks against the best athlete's that EPA's climate science and economic modeling branches have to offer, I was certainly looking forward to a fine showering experience in Aerlie Center's Farm House room #20. What I found, would cause even the bandits from home alone to think twice before entering to wipe the tar and feathers from their unsanitary bodies.

First off, the door to the shower, while present ... would not close. This caused splash and leakage to seep onto the bathroom floor, causing the potential for slippage upon my eventual exit. The threat of such a calamity weighed deeply upon my conscious, not allowing me to fully enjoy the shower experience.

Secondly, there was no "ease-in" period. The shower had insufficient standing room and my experience began with a rush of fluid to the face, never a good way to begin an evening.

Lastly, the towels were waaaaay too far from the shower stall. Meaning, I had to leave the warmth of the shower in order to dry myself ... this hampered my ability to ease back into the real world ... the splendors of the shower were instantly ripped from my grasp, and the cold rush of reality consumed me, not unlike the cold breath of Scott Loomis himself asking me to engage in a trust fall.

Rating: 2 bars of soap.

No comments:

Post a Comment