Friday, July 29, 2011

The Dupont Circle Hotel, Washington DC


On an special adventure to the Dupont Circle Hotel, I bypass my favorite hotel bar, ride up the elevator, stroll down the velvet-lined halls of the 5th floor, and pay a visit to another watering hole—the shower in room 546.
• Fancy. It’s like a cocktail with pear vodka, honey, St. Germaine, lime, and cucumber (which totally works at the bar) when you really just wanted a rum and coke.
• Half wall. Someday, someone will invent a sexy shower curtain and put an end to this madness. They don’t have to be beige and plastic. They can make shower curtains with pictures of sexy people on them. Maybe sexy people taking a shower. Or useful maps! Sharks! Fall foliage? Anything but the half wall.
• Another shower for tall people. The showerhead had 3 settings. But that did not matter to the 5’4” people. It had 1 setting for us, and that setting was whatever the last 5’8”-plus guest left it on.
• Window in the shower. Really? Fortunately it was 102 outside so this wasn’t really an issue, but I would never take a winter shower there.
• Very narrow shower area. If I gained 10 lbs, I could not shower here.
• Tiny tiny tiny shelf. The window in the shower had a decent ledge that could hold showering products, but it clearly was not designed for that purpose.
• The bathroom had heated floors. Which I guess is something, but generally I am overheated leaving a shower and don’t need to be re-heated 0.5 seconds after getting out.
• The blow dryer had a retractable cord. Exciting!
• Good water pressure/temperature.
• No convenient towel rack.

1 comment:

  1. I was a fan of this shower. The water pressure was good and the window ledge was of a height that allowed me to put my foot on it for easier leg-shaving. Also, the towels were the largest towels I have every seen. Comfy!

    Thanks for coming to visit me!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete